What to Bring
- Loose and comfortable clothes for sitting (but please, no noisy fabrics such as nylon)
- Easy-on-and-off shoes; i.e., sandals. No shoes allowed in the zendo.
- Blanket or shawl to stay warm during sits, as the zendo is kept cool to promote wakefulness.
- Rain gear
- A comfortable jacket/sweater (depending on the weather)
- Yoga mat
- Coffee/tea mug to avoid disposables
- Water bottle (filtered water is available)
- Notepad and pen
- Earplugs (in case you are a light sleeper)
*Cushioned chairs are available in the zendo (meditation hall). You do not need to bring any sit gear if you don’t want to.
Bedding/towels are provided and a cart will be placed in the breezeway with fresh towels midway through the retreat.
Just in Case
If it happens that you’ve forgotten a necessary item (i.e. toothpaste, earplugs, etc.) there is a small supply of ‘essentials’ available, so please see the Retreat Manager before going to a store.
For retreats longer than a week, a ‘Store Run’ is a volunteer task. An envelope with a note and money for your need is left in a basket the morning of the designated day, purchased by the Store Run volunteer in the afternoon and left on the table for you to pick up.