There are some walking/hiking trails near the Center and maps are provided at check-in. If you need to know the difficulty level of any trails, please ask at the office.
Mary & Joseph Retreat Center
The Center’s mission is to provide an environment of serenity, prayer, and natural beauty. The Retreat Center creates opportunities for the personal and spiritual growth of each person who comes to these sacred grounds.
There are 30 bedrooms in the main retreat center area. Each room has 2 twin beds and a private bath; therefore, two people per room unless you have registered for a single. Additionally, there is an overflow area (with 8 rooms) once the main area is full. Each overflow room has a twin bed with a shared bath/toilet area.
At the Mary & Joseph Retreat Center, you will experience:
- an oasis of tranquility
- beautiful gardens
- peaceful chapel
- inspiring bookstore
- WIFI access
- delicious meals
- compassionate staff
- welcoming meeting rooms
- comfortable bedrooms
- the Bonaventure Labyrinth
In each bedroom:
- Air conditioning/heat
- Private bathroom (exception in overflow rooms where showers/toilets are shared)
Also available on site:
- On-site laundry (available ONLY for longer than 7-day retreats)
- Wi-Fi in some rooms only, but always by the office or in the upper conference room.
For health and safety purposes, no pets are allowed at the Mary and Joseph Retreat Center.
All rooms (bedrooms and meeting) are smoke-free.
Check-out & House Rules
- Check-out time is during the breakfast break; however if another group is not scheduled for the next day; it could be after lunch and will be announced during the retreat.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
- Do not attach pictures/documents to the walls unless an appropriate ‘sticky tack’ is used which prevents damage. Charges will incur for any damage to walls or floors.
- Illegal drugs are not allowed on the premises.
- Ample parking is provided in designated areas only. Unloading of luggage in the circle drive by the office is allowed, then your vehicle needs to be moved to the designated parking. Do not leave your car for a long period in the circle which will block others from arriving.
- Please use waste receptacles provided in the washrooms, esp. for sanitary products.